Monday, December 28, 2009

Whats a good book for teenage boys?

! was wondering, what is a good book for a teen 12-14.Whats a good book for teenage boys?
Hoot by Carl Hiaasen


Holes by Louis Sachar


Hatchet and others by Gary Paulsen Titles at the 1st link


Alex Rider series and others by Horowitz Titles at the 1st link


http://booksandmore4kids.googlepages.com…





Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr by Christopher Paolini


The Wee Free Men and others by Terry Pratchett


Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke


Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull


The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis


The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien


Storms of Vengeance by John Beachem


The Gammage Cup by Carol Kendall


books by Andre Norton, Ursula K. LeGuin, Madeleine L'Engle, Anne McCaffrey, Garth Nix, Terry Brooks, George RR Martin, Piers Anthony, Gene Wolfe, etc. Titles at this link


http://books4teensandadults.googlepages.…Whats a good book for teenage boys?
I have a 15 year old nephew and he loves the Twilight books....and no, he's not gay either Tyler! I personally read them, and They are definetly teen books! I enjoyed them, but they were a little young for me (I am 31). The Outsiders is definetly a GREAT teenage book. Not sure what you are into, but if you like Sci Fi, the Robert Jordan books, or if you like mystery type books, any of the Dan Brown books are great.
I’ve been recommending “Little Brother” by Cory Doctorow to anyone who’d listen, especially to teens and young adults, although I’m neither and I liked it. (My son, 22, recommended it, although he said it's probably aimed at readers younger than he is.)





The basic story is that a teenager living in San Francisco in the near future who uses his tech skills to challenge the all-powerful Department of Homeland Security, which has turned his city into a virtual police state.





http://craphound.com/littlebrother/downl… is the site which explains why it’s legal to download Cory Doctorow’s “Little Brother” with both the author’s and publisher’s permission, and what you’re allowed to do with it. It’s got links making the book available in plain text, as HTML, as a PDF, for iPods, various electronic reading devices, and so on.





It sounds too good to be true, but obviously Doctorow’s counting on it being both a fine marketing tool which ties in to the novel’s theme, and on snagging future readers who’ll buy his other books.



Playboy magazine. :-p I'm just kidding.... :D





I suppose it depends on what you've already read and like to read. I hear Twilight is a good series. I personally like Harry Potter, but then again, I'm not a young teenage boy.





Good luck with your choice, though.
It really depends on what kind of book you are looking for. If you are looking for a thriller, a teen angst book, or something about his personal interests. Sorry if this doesn't help.
Crank by Ellen Hopkins , it's about a girl but it's super good, my bf read it and he was stunned. Or try The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, or The Midnighter Series by Scott Westerfeld
Tyler L--I think thats sooo freggin cool that you like the twilight series!


most guys think its completley gay.


but (and I'm not just saying this because I'm a girl) they really are good books.


give em a try. :)
idk the twilight series is bomb. im a 15yr guy i loved the series. im not gay either. but yeah and catcher in the rye is good too.
Go Ask Alice. that book is so depressing.
umm...try the Alex Rider series
what kind of teenage boy read books these days

No comments:

Post a Comment