Monday, December 28, 2009

Is is bad taste to invite adult second cousins and partners, but not teenage kids to the wedding?

My dilemma is I have many second cousins with kids in their early teens (2 or 3 per family). The small wedding is getting really large and I also have a lot of first cousins with. children to invite





Is it bad taste to invite second cousins and their partners (plus one) but not extend the invite to their teenage children.


It is not an adult only wedding.Is is bad taste to invite adult second cousins and partners, but not teenage kids to the wedding?
I agree it's an all or none deal. If you invite aunts and uncles, you have to invite your cousins, their spouses and their children. Our wedding was on an under-2000$ budget so we had to be very firm and stick to immediate family and witnesses because of that. Some might say it's rude but, guess what? Those aunts, uncles and cousins who weren't invited understood, and even sent us gifts. Of course, we made sure to include many pictures with our thank you cards!Is is bad taste to invite adult second cousins and partners, but not teenage kids to the wedding?
no, you should only invite those people you truly want there and who you can afford to feed. if these cousins are unwilling to leave their kids alone for the night, it's their loss and they can just send you a gift and not attend the wedding. a wedding is a nighttime formal event for adults only imho so you're not obligated to invite and feed kids.
Yes very tacky





How would you even present that - ';you can come but not your kids';





BTW ';their kids'; are your cousins too.
Yes its bad taste. But then again you are paying for this wedding so you have a say on who goes, although if someone invited me to a wedding and told me I couldn't bring my children I wouldn't go.
I don't think that inviting someone means inviting their entire extended family.





I'd suggest cutting people by having an adult-only wedding, and then the teenagers won't even be an issue.
I think its not nice but its your wedding %26amp; its up to you and your h2b who to invite.
Yes it is in very bad taste. Either you invite everyone's children or no children at all.
have no second cousins or their children . it is an all or none deal
  • sheer makeup
  • beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment