Monday, December 28, 2009

Would you rather find out your teenage child smokes cigarettes, or is a drug user or drinks alcohol?

just wondering which you'd think is worse,


i'm 16 and i smoke cigarettes, but i don't take part in all those other things that could be worse. i want to know how my mother would take it if i told her i smoked, i don't like having to keep it from her, although i know how ';bad'; it is.


please keep your dissonant answers yo yourselves, i'm looking for an answer to my question, not a lecture, i've had them already. =]





thank you!Would you rather find out your teenage child smokes cigarettes, or is a drug user or drinks alcohol?
I would rather find out my kid smoked a little pot, than to find out that they are a frequent user of other drugs, tobacco, and alcohol.





The only thing ';better'; about cigarettes is that you won't go to jail for smoking them...Would you rather find out your teenage child smokes cigarettes, or is a drug user or drinks alcohol?
see how much alcohol are they drinking though?? if its an everyday thing i would say cigarettes are what i would rather my teenager use. BUT if its like a weekend thing or once in a while thing i think i would say alcohol.





i never smoked as teen but i did drink on weekends and stuff when i was 17. my mom knew about it. she wasn't happy about me getting drunk but as long as i didn't drive while drinking and i was open and honest with her, she was okay.





honesty is the key!! ;) but ultimately you hope they don't do ANY of them. LOL
believe it or not smoking cigarettes is doing drugs. cigarettes contain nicotine which is a drug. cigarettes are more addictive than a lot of drugs out there - even the hard stuff. i have heard of many people who quit heroin, cocaine,meth and other drugs and cannot quit smoking. you need to be honest with her but only when you are ready to ask her for her help in helping you quit. please quit now before you wind up like my mother and having a massive heart attack with a quadruple bypass open heart surgery at 42 yrs old, or even worse - seeing my mom almost die from cigarettes and i am still a smoker just asking for my turn with open heart surgery if i am lucky enough not to die first. quit while you still can because the longer you go the harder it is.
I think that you should not smoke ever again and that would solve all your problems. Your mom will be pissed and dissapointed in you, but well I guess it's your life. I pick neither my child will not be introduced to any of those things.
I dont think i can chose since they can all lead to the same bad stuff... gd luck
none i would kinda think like ......
My best friend hide smoking cigerettes from her mom for years even after she turned 18 and her mom found out eventually. You can't keep the secret forever.





Now as far as your question goes. They are all bad and I would be upset if I found out about any of them. They all have negative effects on your life and they are all ILLEGAL at your age. The worst one would be drugs I think though because at least cigerettes %26amp; alcohol eventually are considered legal at a certain age.
Your question is an excellent example of one who only wishes validation of their actions and not a truthful answer to the question. You really have an attitude problem don't you?





BTW Unless she smokes, she already knows, because you will stink to high heaven from cigarette smoke!
Smoking isn't as bad as drug use. To be honest though, as a parent, I would rather hear that you drank on the weekends or at parties(and NEVER drove). Teenagers usually grow out of the drinking stage by the time college is over and just drink occasionally in small quantities as adults. Smoking is almost always a long-term VERY hard to stop habit or addiction. So I would rather hear that you were drinking.
I think you honestly need to stop- apparently you are not of age to be doing something like that anyways if you are asking....I did smoke before the age of 18 and I can tell you something- my mom made me watch a video of what smoking does to you and I have not smoked since. It is a nasty habit that is absolutely bad! Talk to your mom and see if she can help you with quitting.
i had this discussion with my dad recently, and he said he'd ratehr smoke than do drugs or be drinking everyday.
I'd have to say I'd be really upset to find out he was doing anything. But, I guess if I'd really have to chose I would either chose cigs or marijuana, unless the drinking was responsible-meaning that there is no binge drinking, no driving with a buzz and not on a regular basis. Although, I would do anything in my power to get him off of whatever it was.


The only reason I say marijuana is because there are some known medical benefits for doing it. There are none for cigs.


I've been trying to quit smoking cigarettes for months now. I've been smoking for 9 years. It is so hard. Stop now while you have an advantage.
if i were ur mom, it doesnt matter for me that you smoke cigarettes as long as you r being honest with me. cigars is fine, and much better than drug and alcohol.it just...another part of being a teenager ^^
If I was a parent, I would not want to hear that my ';minor'; age child is smoking. If you don't want to give it up then I would definately keep it secret. Then when you turn 18 do as you wish.
none of the above of course but yea ciggs for sure.if you can stop that would be great if not just stay with ciggs atleast you wont go to jail
None at all but if had to be one probably cigarettes! But if I found that out I would make sure I helped her quit!! I have just stopped smoking after years because I am trying to have a baby and it was so hard! you are better to stop now before you get addicted!!!!
Smoking cigarettes isn't necessarily as bad health wise as it is addiction wise. The thing that makes smoking deadly is the fact that they are very difficult to quit for good, and thus you are exposed to them for a much longer period of time than a non smoker. I would rather discover my child smoking marijuana, because although it does encourage you to be content with being lazy, it simply contains none of the additives or nicotine that cigarettes are notoriously known to be habit forming. Point is, if you're 16, why have to lie to your mom at all... She will be upset, hands down. Why would any parent want to find their child smoking something filthy like a cigarette. My parents were smokers and they were still pissed when they found out I smoked. I have since quit, but seriously. Nobody can name the day where they decided to become a full-time smoker. This is not a lecture, but a suggestion...quit while you're ahead dear, being cool in highschool is not worth fighting a full blown addictiton later, you'll thank yourself in the future. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment