Monday, December 28, 2009

Any good books for teenage girls?

I'm 17 and am after a new book. I love Twilight, Stephen King books and Virginia Andrews. But could do with some good suggestions for new books for Christmas?Any good books for teenage girls?
House of Stairs


Vampire Kisses


Blood and Chocolate


The SIlver Kiss


Shattered Mirror


Demon in My View


Speak


Twisted





Any good books for teenage girls?
Have you ever read any Anne McCaffrey? Her Dragonriders of Pern series is excellent. I started off with the Harper Hall trilogy, though, and those books are much smaller. I think the first book in that series is Dragonsong.





Also, I really enjoyed The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay.





If you're into nonfiction, check out Jerry Lewis: In Person. I stumbled across it when I was eighteen and have loved it ever since. It's witty and insightful, and probably the funniest book I've ever read.
Well, I just read these two series that I thought were really good.


They're is called The Song of the Lioness series and the next is called Protector of the Small series. There is actually another series in between them, but I haven't read it yet (The Immortals series). And then, finally, there is the Daughter of the Lioness series (haven't read this, yet). They are all by Tamora Peirce. And all of them are about girls who persevere and succeed. I know, I know, that sounds totally lame. But the books are well written and never boring. There are some love affairs, too. :)





There is also a series called Magic in Manhattan by Sarah Mylnowski. The books in the series are possibly a little young for you, becuase they revolve around a girl who is 14 in the first book and by the third book she is nearly 16. I don't know, you may want to check it out.





Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli was also good, but sort of weird. It's worth reading though.



The Shopaholic Series


Confessions of a Shopaholic


Shopaholic Takes Manhattan


Shopaholic Ties the Knot


Shopaholic and Sister


Shopaholic and Baby
I think if you liked twilight you'd like Lovely bones


its really interesting and it talks about life





its good:]
The Eragon Series


The Golden Compass Series


The Faerie Wars Series


Speak


Dreamland
Twilights awesome, as u already know. The Clique series is good but thats geared toward more 13 yr olds. um......i heard that the book joy school is good but i havent read that
sisterhood of the traveling pants series


maximum ride series


Uglies series



bless me ultima, the color of water, angela's ashes


they're not really teeny bopper books but they are great books
speak was really good

No comments:

Post a Comment