Thursday, December 31, 2009

Should a teenage girl tell her parents that she's going to have a parent and ask an abortion by them?

should an teenage 16 and under tell their parents that she is going to have a baby and should she as them for permishion to get an abortion?Should a teenage girl tell her parents that she's going to have a parent and ask an abortion by them?
I would say YES to telling the parents. And no for abortion....I say put it up for adoption after the baby is born..Should a teenage girl tell her parents that she's going to have a parent and ask an abortion by them?
Yes, the person should talk to their parents about. As for asking for an abortion, that is a touchy subject. I personally believe that unless the teen is at an extremly young age (13/14 or younger) they should take responsibility for their actions and give the innocent child that they have conceived a chance at life. Adoption is always a better choice than abortion. As for asking their parents, the teen needs to be aware of their parents views on abortion.
Abortion is never a good idea. Many women end up regretting it their whole lives and even have mental disorders and medical problems because of it as well.





But, parents can be very helpful in finding a good situation in which to continue the pregnancy while still getting an education. They can also help with finding an appropriate adoption situation.





I have never met a person who has regretting having a baby...even when having to put them up for adoption.





I have a friend who would be glad to talk to anyone who is in a crisis pregnancy. She is about 47 now, but around 20 yrs ago, she had a baby she put up for adoption who has grown up to be a beautiful young lady today.





I, for one, would be happy to adopt a child and know MANY other wonderful families who would love to have any child. Children are the best thing we've got. I have four myself and cherish the days I get to spend with them since they are growing up so fast.





Most parents feel that way even when they are afraid of what nonsense they are getting into...like getting pregnant.





So, no, children should always be cherished...whether they are pregnant or if they are unborn. Children are our greatest resource. Things just take time to get in order sometimes.





There are many resources to help women/young ladies in this situation.
Actually, some clinics do require a parents permission if the child is under a specific age. Now, this teenager should also consider the fact that even if they don't, someone is going to have to pay for the cost of the abortion. Also, being honest with the parents would probably be the best bet, because this person is probably going to need emotional help, as well as financial.











Check out this site and make an account: www.scarleteen.com


It has great advice, whether this is for you or a friend, about sex/life/health/etcetera, including abortion and step-by-step guidance on the tough decisions and hard times to come, and the site doesn't allow the volunteer or staff to criticize for a person's choice and decisions.











Good luck :)
In some states, you have to get parental consent before having an abortion. Do some research and find out the laws in your state. If this is an ethical question, I really think a teenager should tell her parents if she's planning on having an abortion. I'm a parent of 3 girls, and I would be absolutely devastated if one of them had an abortion and didn't tell me. I would want to help my daughter in any way I could.
Yes, I think she should and I would rather a girl be able to get a safe legal abortion then try to terminate the pregnancy herself or kill the baby once it is born whether she tells her parents or not.





My opinion on abortion is that it may not be the right thing for me but it may be for someone else and I have no right to condemn that person because of it--there is only one true judge and it certainly isn't me.





Besides that fact I would be afraid that once some of womans reproductive rights get taken away from us then what is next--will we be limited on the number of kids we have like maybe after a woman has 2 children she has to get her tubes tied or something--I could see it happening.





anyway--so I do believe a girl should tell her parents for emotional support I am not sure that I believe it should be law but as I said I am not sure we will see as my daughter gets older how my views change--

















Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither.


Benjamin Franklin





EDIT: I thought this was an opinion question--if not yes many states require parental consent for abortions and many more for under 16
This needs to be discussed privately with your parents. NOT here. Adoption is always and option.





And yes, you need parental permission to have any surgical work done, from having tonsils out to abortion. But think about it. This baby could make a childless couple very happy and the baby could have a good life.
I do not know but for god sake stay in school! You really need those extra English lessons as i have no idea what you just said.





should a teenage girl tell her parents that she's going to have a parent and ask an abortion by them?


Do you mean should you tell the folks your preggers and want an abortion?


If so then that's your choice really. Tell your parents and take it from there. But either way if you cant support a baby you shouldn't be having unprotected sex.
Unless your doctor is some sort of religious nut, you shouldn't need parental permission for this. I personally wouldn't inform them, but if you're sure they'd be understanding and supportive, it might be okay.


Mainly though, you've no obligation to. It's for you to decide if you want to tell them or not.
Don't get an abortion. You're 16, you're a big girl. Tell your parents, and that you plan on carrying the baby.





Carry it, then give it up for adoption. Make the right choice.





You have a baby in you. Don't be selfish. Let it live.
no way abortion is worse than having to live with having the child there are better ways of dealing with pregnancy


like fostering them out till your older or adopting them out to family's who cant have kids but abortion


if I fell pregnant I wouldn't get an abortion


because I know there are couples who


cant have children but would love one


cate@@@@@@
Depending on the state she doesn't have to tell her parents that she's getting an abortion.


But I think that she should. They deserve to know. And maybe they can talk to her about her about other options.


But yes, she should.
Yes, you should tell your parents, and please consider your options. There are alot of people out there who would pay medical expenses to have a baby. If you are sure you don't want to keep it, find someone who will!
accept responsibility





she should tell her parents


she should take care of the baby w/ her parents and father of child OR put it up for adoption
I think it's her choice on wheather or not to keep a child. However at 16 you cannot support it on your own,...It makes me sad when I see young girls with kids, Sucks, they just lost alot of years of their life... It's just sad
definitely. She needs there support, love, guidance, (this sounds bad) but money too. and she needs there permission to get an abortion.
Yes, but it is ultimately your decision. If you want to get an abortion, (which I strongly recommend) DO IT. But tell your parents and they will be there to help you even if they are upset at first.
u shouldnt get an abortion nd u should tell ur parents, they'll probably help u raise ur child
i wouldn't get a abortion.


i'm truly against that stuff.
yes tell your parents but no do not kill the baby put it up for adoptoin
yes she should tell her parents but no she should not get an abortion
Yes, she should tell her parents. She needs the support and guidance during a difficult time in her life. No, she should not ask them for permission to get an abortion. A pregnant woman (of any age) does not need parental consent to get an abortion. If its what she wants, then its her decision. Not anyone elses. Also, parents cannot force their underaged children to get an abortion if the teen wants to keep the baby.





*Oops, I take that back. After doing a quick search, I learned that some states require anyone under the age of 18 to get parental consent. So the girl in question would have to find out what her states guidelines are about teenage abortion.
she should tell her parents and get a abortion shes to young the baby would have a bad life and not know her parents if u adopted her away.plus she would be less likely to get into a university and she would be made fun of in school the rest of her teenage life would be a mess
I think telling her parents depends on what the parent's think and how the baby was conceived. I don't think she should have to ask for permission, that's so stupid. It's her body. And really, at 16 it could still mess up your body if you were to have a baby.
I believe it depends on the state where you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment