Thursday, December 31, 2009

Why is it suddenly ';cool'; to be a teenage mother?

Nina I know what you're saying. A bunch of people ripped my head off for pointing out that it's become fashionable for teenagers to keep their babies. But it has.





People say good for you for not having an abortion. Good for you for accepting responsibility for your actions. Meanwhile, I'd say at least 7 out of 10 kids born to teenage girls would be better off given up for adoption. There are many, many wonderful people who cannot have children and would love to help a young girl make a better life for her baby. I really don't feel that it is always ';good'; to accept responsibility for your actions. This is one where maybe some girls should just be kids for a few more years and never-mind trying to be moms.





And before you all freak out, I was a teenage mother, so I feel I can speak about this because I have been there. Pregnancy is contagious when it breaks out in high schools. I got pregnant and within 5 months 4 other girls were also pregnant. 3 of them lost their kids to children's aid. Think about that 5 teenagers have babies. 3 taken by child services.......I kept my son an he's grown into a wonderful young man. Those other babies weren't so lucky.Why is it suddenly ';cool'; to be a teenage mother?
Because so many parents seem to either not mind, or feel they need to be the kiddo's parents and let the mother ';just be a kid while she can'; (i.e., not make the new parents take responsibility and deal with the unpleasant sides of pregnancy and parenting).





A lot of girls seem to think that it'll either make them look more mature in a good way (ha), or that it'll automatically give them ';something that always will love me and be my friend'; (ha again, can't wait till the kiddo is a teen too and screaming back at her -- wait, even earlier, the first night of colic or teething). Or that it'll make a tie with the father, and he'll always have to come back to her (ha yet again).





Mostly though I think they just don't believe they'll get pregnant. Teens do this a lot: most simply don't have the experience that teaches that Things Go Wrong If You Don't Be Careful -- most teens never believe that bad things will happen to them, unless they already have.Why is it suddenly ';cool'; to be a teenage mother?
Nobody said it was cool because it is not. But, I do not treat teenage mothers like they are some sort of abomination. Everyone has feelings. Teenage mothers are more common these days. They need all the help they get. Everyone makes mistakes but, they should not be treated like scum because of it. I am not saying a baby is a mistake either. I do not think any child is a mistake at all.





I edited to also say, i do not care if anyone gives me a bad rating on my answer because I do know a few teenage mothers and most of them work and take care of their children. Not all teenagers are ';stupid'; and living off the government.
Well with shows like ';The Secret Life of an American Teenager'; and ';Reba'; (Cheyenne getting pregnant in high school), it's no wonder it's now becoming more and more ';popular'; I guess you could say. That, and a lot of teens just say ';oh the government will pay for my baby if I get pregnant';. New flash for them: That's not what welfare is for!!!





TV shows over glorify teen sex and when a teen on a TV show turns up pregnant, you see how it all ';works out'; on the show. But that's not real life. Also most teens I have met who have become pregnant were given birth control or condoms by their own parents to be ';safe';. I have news for them... apparently it's not safe! The only true safe sex is no sex at all.





I don't view teen pregnancy as ';cool'; at all. I view it as a immature decision made by an immature child. Teens have no business having sex. That is a strictly adult activity and you are not legally an adult until you are 18 or older. I'd prefer they save their body for marriage, but I know that won't happen in this day and age. But everytime I see a pregnant teenager I think ';there goes another child who pretty much screwed up their life for a few minutes of fun';. I don't give them much credit for intelligence. Sorry to offend anyone who was pregnant as a teenager, but that's the way I feel about it.
I don't think it's just suddenly cool. It happens all the time and has been happening for quite a while. My grandmother said girls used to get married when they were 15%26amp;16 all the time and she was actually an older girl to get married since she waited until she was 21. They all got married and started making babies. Now culture has just changed. If you are 16 and married now then there must be something wrong with you and your family.
its annoying that everyone is assuming teens are getting pregnant because its cool








im 16 and i didnt get pregnant because i felt it was cool


i didnt think getting called names was cool


i didnt think loosing friends was cool


i didnt think that having this stress was cool


and i certainly dont think pushing out a baby is cool





i wish the world would know accidents happen..things go wrong....not every pregnant teen is stupid
First, what is meant by ';teen'; can explain some. I'm a teen and miss being a teen by 2 months. To me, a 18 or 19 year old is responsible for themself. A 13 year old having a baby is not ';cool.';





I don't think me being pregnant and single now is ';cool'; its just more acceptable... And yes, I'm in the South so I get stares and whispers and just hold my head up high because those people just make me want to do a better job of raising him...





As for the pact the teens made, God only knows what they were thinking.





Its also assine to assume all teens had unprotected sex. We used a condom, it failed.
How would you know?!You do not know me apparently.Some can not help it.Others adopted and I do not think it cool as the way you use it.plenty teenagers mothers and fathers take care of their kids.That is a stereotype right their.I am 18 my boyfriend is too and I run 4 community service groups have a ew other jobs and I adopted two kids.
seeing as how i know what its like to be a teenage mother. i know its not cool. my boyfriend and i werent being careful, and at 15, we had our first child. my son jason. it was very hard. i decided to stay in school, i had good friends who stood by me. and my boyfriend was a great dad. and two years later we had our daughter madison. which again wasnt planned, by that time we both had dropped out of school, because we thought it would be better to just get jobs, save up money and get a place of our own. and we did when we turned 18. now im almost 20 years old, and we are expecting our third child together. this one was planned. its very hard to be a mother, teen or not. but i think teens just want to have sex, but cant think right, when it comes to being safe. they dont think.
It's not cool.


Apparently its cool to have unprotected premarital sex.





It may not have been the wisest choice, but sometimes its an accident. But it doesn't mean that the product of that accident or unwise choice isn't anymore wonderful.
its not but sometimes it happens. im bearly a teenage mother (19) but i still get stick.


its hard work and i would discorage any1 younger than myself not to do it. a baby is not just for christmas and you cant just put them in a box when your done playing with them.
Because people are stupid and watch too much TV.
cos ur mooching of the gorvernment, which is basically mooching of all tax payers!


basically, ur wasting everyone's money with your drunken behaviour!


Cool init!?
i think it is not cool because you have to work and do a lot of stuff to take care of the baby like oh is going to take care of the baby when you are working .it is not cool








please answer my question
Some people may place the blame on ';Juno';. Personally, i think its the Maurys and Jerry Springers that dramatize it and make it interesting and scandalous. Kids think ';i can do that!!'; and give it a go, stupid freaking kids.
i guess because it brings attention to your self and the responsibility of raising a child . to answer your question you might wanna ask why is it cool to have sex
It's only ';cool'; if they are a ';good, kind, loving, and responsible'; teenage mothers...





But that's true of ';adult'; mothers, as well...
I don't really know. I meen it just makes it so it's harder in life to go to college and stuff.My mom wanted to go to college and it ended up that she was preganant with me and that ruind her whole life!
I think a lot of teen moms are raised without loving fathers. They look to other sources for love. They think they find it, and get pregnant. Sadly, more and more children grow up without a dad.
its not. teenage mothers get ridiculed and they're looked down on in society.





answer mine? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
Because it's cool that our country is nothing but sperm donors and baby mamma's that use their financial downfall to leech from the government. In short, it's not cool.
I'm 18, and I don't get it at all!


All these people among me are pregnant and excited about it. Their friends support it... and it's just crazy to me. No dad's, no money... its sad.
everyone in hollywood was having babies. and some teenagers are stupid enough to believe that if they have a baby it'll turn out the same as like the celebrities. i think its just sad
I was under the impression that it wasn't a very good idea...I didn't know that it was cool now.
..Its not,.








http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
Its never been cool =P


teenage mothers are looked down upon. i duno where your getting your info
Children having children is not cool - it's tragic !!
Its not cool I dunno what planet your on!


Now its cool to have sseexx, have a boyfriend, have uggs... Ha ha x
Most people hate them, so no it didn't become cool, it just became more common.
it's not ';cool';


i think people are just realizing that the girls shouldn't be shunned for it
Because Obama will tax everybody else to pay for that child............

No comments:

Post a Comment