Thursday, April 29, 2010

Are you worried about the teenage years?

My daughter is 7 and we are really close. I used to be worried about the teenage years until I worked with special needs teenagers that were functioning in society with really bad behaviors. Now I am not so worried. I feel calm and full of faith that it will be ok and we will still be a happy family.. anyone else just know that it will be ok, or do you worry?Are you worried about the teenage years?
HI, NO I DON'T WORRY BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE BEST YEARS OF THERE LIFE.Are you worried about the teenage years?
No not at all. Our oldest is 17 and I worried when he was younger but one of the biggest problems I noticed as he grew was that the kids who were full of problems werethe ones who didn't have a lot of communication with their parents. Did have mutual respect, etc. Parents need to know who their children are with, where they are and what they are doing. They also need their kids to be able to speak to them about things.





We have 3 others ages 13, 11, and 10. I am not too worried about the teen years. Because we are close and we discuss things. There is a balance between being there and close with them, but also not allowing the 'best' friend syndrome where there is no respect at all.
scared to death
You wouldn't be a parent if you didn't worry....all you can do is your best to raise them the best way you know how and always let her know her know that she can come to you for anything.
I do wonder sometimes how it is going to be with my daughter in her teenage years. She is only 15 months and already trying to backtalk. What i do know is that no matter how bad she gets or might become im going to stick through it with her. Sometimes i worry but other times i know it will be ok. We all struggle with problems during our teenage years. I hope i can be there when she has her own problems to deal with.
My daughter is 11, and from what I have been seeing I am worried to death. I wasn't worried either when she was 7. People change as they get older.
I am concerned that I might become a grandmother at an early age, as my oldest stepson was born when his parents were 16, and my second stepson was born when HIS mother was 16.. hopefully both boys will be raised well enough that they don't continue the pattern, but there's still a bit of concern in my mind.





Otherwise, I'm not really worried, other than having the knowledge that I'll have 3 teenage boys at once!





Just remember that kids will return to the way that they were raised. If they were raised well, they will come back to it. There's no telling how much time it might take, but it will happen.
I have a 15 year old so I am currently experiencing. I thought we would just cruise through it also. Boy was I wrong! Now I worry about my 6 mos old and doing it all over, I do not look forward to teenage hood with her. Just be sure to never give up your role as a parent to become buddies with her.
communication and give them space.. let go as they earn it. Let them make mistakes
I am not that worried about it because I was horrible during my teenage years but my parents and I got through it and I'm very close with them as an adult. My niece was the same way. She was a hell-raising teenager but now has her own kids and gets along a lot better with her parents.





There are also so very enjoyable times ahead in the teenage years -- the freedom of having a child who can drive herself around, the prom dresses, the creativity that sometimes emerges during adolescence. It's not all bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment