Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'm a teenage girl . Just turned 14 , and I am looking for ideas so I can redecorate my room . Help me ?

I can't figure out wat kind of designs to do on my walls . I'm kinda going for lime green and pink for the colors , but I'm not sure . I know I want my room to be bright and cheerful . I've been looking for ideas for awhile and can't think of anything . I just don't know what to do with my room !I'm a teenage girl . Just turned 14 , and I am looking for ideas so I can redecorate my room . Help me ?
This question is great because you're just like me!!! When I changed my room, I moved around my furniture (new look) and made some changes. I painted my walls bright green and got a new bed comforter, etc. My comforter is a big fluffy white one, with pink and white stripped sheets and pillows. I also have solid pink sheets with flowers too for when I change them and a pink blanket (matching the sheets) folded at the foot of my bed. You are on the right track because it looks ADORABLE!!! I went to the Container Store, and I bought all kinds of lime green and pink (more pink since the walls are green) decorations in my room such as polka-dot boxes for stuff and baskets. I have shelves up on the walls near my ceiling that have flower indentation trimming on them. Me and my dad painted it white and where the indents are with all the flowers, we filled it in with lime green. It looks great and I have all these little trinkets up there that I've loved since I was little, but the new way of displaying them makes it look more mature. I also have a big fluffy white beanbag thrown into my room too, which is super cool and pictures in frames of all my horses on the walls to take the place of all my little-kid posters. I'm fifteen so I'm extremely satisfied with it. Everyone always tells me that my room is so cheerful and sunny- which is exactly what you are looking for! Go pink and green!!! :) Good luckkk!!! =]I'm a teenage girl . Just turned 14 , and I am looking for ideas so I can redecorate my room . Help me ?
I'm not sure what you should do, but I'll tell you now that you shouldn't get lime green! I decorated my room lime green when I was nine (I actually liked it then); I'm 16 now and I HATE it! Trust me, you get sick of it verrrrrry quickly...
You can paint your whole room bright pink and then when friends come over they can paint on your walls with green paint. They can paint pictures or messages, whatever they want as long as its in green. Really fun to do when friends come over. Fun to look back at when you get older and your friends can leave you secret messages to read later!!
polka dot


pink walls green dots or the other way a around
My room is lime green and hot pink, with yellow base boards, I love it. Walking in to it makes me so happy!


I just painted the opposite walls the same colours (I ended up with 2 pink walls and 2 green walls) with no designs, so I could hang colourful pictures/posters.


All of my accessories are pink and green, my bed spread is white with rows of different sized and coloured dots on it (every colour, including hot pink and lime green).


I also replaced my ugly closet doors with pink and green curtains, so cute.





I got all of my accessories from Ikea, Wal-Mart, Sears and The Bay.


I hope this gives you some ideas!
do a beach theme thats fun
this is an example off of ebay when i typed in lime green and pink comfort set.


%26lt;a href=';http://s107.photobucket.com/albums鈥?target=';_blank';%26gt;%26lt;img src=';http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/鈥?border=';0'; alt=';Photobucket';%26gt;%26lt;/a%26gt;
sounds like you're looking for a happy, cheerful place


to hang out and relax. i would recommend doing light


lime walls and doing an accent wall with lime and pink


vertical stripes. you should try white or tan furniture with


a lot of pink accent pieces. good luck, hope i helped.
i didnt do my room from anything from here but omg i love its kinda overpricyu but it is so CUTE!!!!





www.pbteen.com
here are some ideas:


1. Do your room in dramatic red, white, and black with lots of modern shapes and styles.


2. Do it in fiery colors. Once upon a time, you weren't supposed to use hot pink and orange together, but the 1960s changed all that. Many teens love the intensity of these saturated tropical color combinations. Adding vibrant colors to your space has become a timeless decorating idea. As exciting as they are, hot colors can be wonderfully livable. Just balance areas of dazzling color with areas of white, another neutral, or a pale tint of one of your hot colors.





Funky flowers are a great motif for this color scheme, but just about any motif your teen enjoys can be worked into a one-of-a-kind design. Florals are just the start of what you can find in today's contemporary fabrics, wallcoverings, and accessories, so let your girl shop for her current favorites. Balance busy prints with areas of solid color to create visual breathing room.


3. You can do a beach or ocean theme. Get lots of blues, greens, purple, white...hang surfboards on the wall, have bleached-white furniture...


4. To change the ocean theme a bit, do a nautical style. Mix in lots of light blue, gold, navy, and white. Make your room seem like a grand ocean liner.


5. If you are into elegant French-ish stuff, try this. Use lots of yellow and baby blue, and gorgeous fabric draped everywhere. If you can, get a canopy bed and an old-fashioned dressing table. The key to elegance is detailed like stencils on the furniture.


There are tons of other ideas out there, so just look online and type ';teen room ideas'; or s omething like that into the search engine. Good Luck!
well, i personally think that pink and orange look really pretty togather- they're both bright, cheerful and girly, so u might want to consider it for ur walls instead of lime green?
Take hundreds of pictures [ I mean hundreds!!] and go to the photoshop. Pick the pictures you like most and print them out [ trust me you won't print all, only the most precious ones]. Go to a local art shop and buy big construction papers. Decorate them with insiders you share with your freinds, descriptions, etc. Glue pictures onto it and post these papers onto your wall. I got mine laminated so they last. =) ohhh and have your room painted in the color you want!! [ before gluing posters on]
i am also 14 and wish to do that with my room, same colours as well. My personal favourite was the bedsheets found on this site http://www.sweetpeachesbedding.com/twist鈥?/a>


if u scroll down the page u can see various other products to order that match the bed and your theme. Good luck!
Im almost 13 and my room is pink and blue. What i think you should do is paint 2 of the walls pink and then the other 2 light green. And on the walls you should put canvas of pink and red flowers and put your own collages that u made on some cardboard and nail that on the wall. Its always good to put your own made decoration on the walls. Hope i can help.
pink and blue
they are the same colours as my room!


i did a white doona cover with lime green sheets and pillowcases. and a pink + green decoration pillow for my bed. i had light green feature wall and from there i did totally modern.


hire a interior designer?

No comments:

Post a Comment