Saturday, January 9, 2010

I would like to do know your view on teenage pregnancy.?

I would like to just hear some peoples views on teenage pregnancy and how it effects our society today. I would also like to know some of your views on teenagers engaging in sexual activities. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.I would like to do know your view on teenage pregnancy.?
I feel like if i teenager is ready to engage in sexual intercourse then it is ok, but protection does need to be used as a precaution. As for my views on teen pregnancy, i generally don't think that teens getting pregnant is appropriate because of a teenagers lack of many qualities necessary to care for a child. I think that teens are meant to try new things and a time for teens ';find themselves';, and when a teen becomes pregnant they are forced to grow up. A teen being pregnant is also medically dangerous, because teens are still developing until their late teens. I also feel that while a teen is still in school and growing into an adult, they need to focus and live in a somewhat stress free environment, which makes a teen unable to care for a child and tend to all of a child's needs. A good percentage of teenagers also don't have a steady income or he material goods to provide to a child. Teens also have a future ahead of them, and having a baby that early can change their whole lives. However, if a teen is able to provide for a child then it is more acceptable for a teen to have a child.I would like to do know your view on teenage pregnancy.?
I'm reading a book called The Human Zoo by Desmond Morris. It helped me understand teenage pregnancy. Morris explains that in a super-tribe, the pressures placed on everyone living so close together and in such a dense population that primal biological needs can be overwhelming. By living a super-tribe, humans have to work a lot harder to be accepted by their peers and placed in a certain status according to their own individual personality. However, if we are each taught from birth the consequences of such actions, the chance of a teen becoming pregnant can drop.





I hate that so many teenagers become pregnant these days. I didn't have my first child until I was 27. I was married first, too. I was able to plan it this way and stay responsible because I came from a stable home with two married parents. I think it helped me strive to be like them and not disappoint them by becoming a teenage mother.





Becoming a mom is hard. Most freedoms are gone, unless you're lucky and can find a babysitter so that you can go out once-in-a-while. My husband works two jobs so I can stay home with the kids and we don't always get to go out together. Our freedoms as a single couple is gone, also, at least until the kids get older. I'm also in college about to graduate in a year or so. That was the only thing in my ';plan'; that was put on hold!
As for the PHYSICAL aspect of teenage pregnancy - it is completely normal. Menstruation occurs when the body is PHYSICALLY ready to carry a child, but we all know this already. Society has changed in such a way, however, that it takes much longer to grow up emotionally - if at all. I see many 30, 40 and 50 year olds who are so immature, self-righteous and ignorant that they never should have had children to begin with. Alternatively, I've met plenty of teenage parents who did a fine job of relating to and garnering respect from their children. It's ignorant to say that ALL TEENAGERS are unprepared for the job of parenthood and ALL ADULTS are; it varies from person-to-person not age-to-age.
I don't try to judge people, I was a teenage mom and we all turned out just fine. I do however think there is a line that needs to be drawn when we get down to 13 year olds having babies with 18 year olds, I think then it is a little too early for them to be deciding if a family is necessary but who am I to judge someone else and the way they live their lives

No comments:

Post a Comment